Code Enforcement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. Who do I call for in regard to an animal complaint?
    The Gothenburg Police Department handles all animal complaints.  This includes loud animal sounds such as barking, etc.; abuse of animals; and neglect of an animal.  Please call the Gothenburg Police Department at (308) 537-3677 to enter a complaint.
  2. My neighbor has junk in his yard.  Is that legal?
    Junk is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.  However, there are times when "junk" reaches the level of a nuisance.  An Officer may make a determination to cite a person or persons for the storage of equipment, building materials, miscellaneous items and litter.  Most nuisance complaints can be solved by moving the materials into an enclosed building.
  3. My neighbor's vehicle is not licensed or is inoperable.
    See the Municipal Code.






City of Gothenburg

409 9th Street
Gothenburg, NE 69138
Phone: (308) 537-3677

405 9th Street
Gothenburg, NE 69138
Emergency   911
Business (308) 537-3608

Be Smart - Sign Up Today!

See Something Send Something!

409 9th Street
Gothenburg, NE 69138
Phone: (308) 537-3668
After Hours: (308) 537-3608
(North Platte Dispatch)

   [Logo: Fair Housing Equal Opportunity]  ADA  Civil Rights Policy
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Gothenburg - A proud member of ACE

Great Resource for Energy Savings!